Burger In A Bowl - Instant Pot Recipe

I got an Instant Pot like many others when they were on sale for Black Friday. I am in love with this thing. There are a couple recipes I swear by and this is definitely a family favorite. My teenager named it Burger In A Bowl and that just stuck. 



I'm not the greatest about measuring when I know a recipe so you'll have to bear with me in that aspect. Feel free to make this your own. Its basically mac and cheese with ground beef and all the fixings you would put on your favorite burger. 

First, put the following items into your Instant Pot:

16 oz elbow macaroni
4 cups water
2 T butter
salt

Close up your Instant Pot and set to manual 4 minutes. Making sure the release valve is in the sealed position. 

While that does it's thing, brown 1 lb ground beef and season how you like it. I usually just use a little garlic salt or seasoned salt.

Once the mac and cheese is done be sure to let it NATURAL RELEASE for about 12-15 min. If you don't you will have a giant starchy mess to clean up in your release valve. Trust me. It gets all over everything around it too. 

After you are able to open the Instant Pot, add the following (there shouldn't be any water that needs to be drained out):

1 can of evaporated milk (or 1 cup heavy cream)
2-3 cups shredded cheese
Browned ground beef

Now's the time to add your burger fixings. I use:

Ketchup
Dill Relish
Small amount of Mayo
Small amount of Mustard

Mix it all together

I think it would be good with diced tomatoes too but I haven't tried that one yet. Or if you make that Big Mac sauce I hear about that would be awesome as well. The sky is really the limit. I like a little crunch in it so relish or onions are fairly important. 

Let me know how it works for you and what variations you've used for yours!!





Comments

Popular Posts

FREE Printable - Income Log

The Disaster Fad